Wednesday, April 2, 2008

BLOGOTHEQUE posted by L

When I am bored and plagued with an insatiable state of procrastination, I do what I do best: look for music. I am not quite sure how I stumbled on this website, but after several repeated exposures to gritty video feeds of a few of my favorite bands singles performed alfresco, I was hooked. La Blogotheque The Take-Away Shows) is a French blog site that captured bands including Animal Collective, Vampire Weekend, Elvis Perkings, Jens Lekman, Jose Gonzales, Architecture in Helsinki, Beirut, and Xiu Xiu, to name a few, singing ing the streets of Paris, mimicing sounds and instruments with their mouths, found objects, drums, and local. Absolutely brilliant. Maybe this is old news, but I found myself moved by the simplicity and ingenuity of many of the artist, creating recognizable tunes that we all love and adore but using pure craftsmanship. The granular pair of music and spontaneity harped on the purest nature of art. The here and now. Check out the website www.blogotheque.net and click ”Concerts a emporter.”

Here is a clip from youtube…you can find the original at the website.

No comments: