Monday, April 14, 2008

She & Him by L

It is quite hard to miss spring, with its sopping mornings and brilliant blue afternoons. Weather perfect for walking or watching from the comfort of you apartment window. Naturally, this sent me in a scurry to find my spring album (which will always be distinctly different from an essential spring mix).

She & Him

I stumbled on She & Him vicariously, and it made me smile - you know, the kind that makes your ears tingle. Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward’s Volume 1 (Merge) mavericked a clever arrangement of easy songs which provokes you to unconsciously press the repeat button. “Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?” is definitely the album's bait song, but the late 50’s feel of “I Was Made for You” sent my head swimming. Nevertheless, it was the cover of The Miracles’ “You Really Got a Hold on Me” that sealed the deal. Brilliant!

No comments: