Tuesday, April 15, 2008

RICEBOY SLEEPS posted by J

Riceboy Sleeps is the art and music collaboration of Jon Thor Birgisson (better known as Jonsi, the lead singer of Sigur Ros) and his long-time boyfriend, Alex Somers. They have been making art and music together for about four years.

I just got their first book, titled Riceboy Sleeps. A collection of drawings, paintings, found photographs, and bits and pieces of old books. Riceboy Sleeps was first released in a limited edition 1000 printed book which was hand numbered and signed. It was only released in Iceland. I only wish i could have got one of those. I ordered the copy they had mass produced. I have to say, to my disappointment, the book was a little to small. Don't get me wrong, the art work is amazing, it's just that i think it should have been a wee bit larger. The art work itself is quite reminiscent of Sigur Ros. Quiet and dream-like. There are lots of birds and children. The over all appearance is very aged and has a delicate, almost breakable feel.


Riceboy Sleep swill also be releasing their first single later this year on 10 inch vinyl.

I only wish i could recommend buying the book, i mean unless your a die hard fan, i would just say check out the websites and such. Maybe their next book will be a bit larger.





No comments: