Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'VE BEEN WAITING... posted by J

...for this album! It's been six years since The Notwist released the instant classic, Neon Golden. I cant say enough good things about that album. Flawless. Timeless. I've been craving something new form them, and its not that they haven't been doing anything. They have a couple of side projects, for example, the great Ms. John Soda and 13 & God. As well as doing most of the production on Lali Puna's new album. It sometimes worries me when a band takes such a long break but fear not, they do not disappoint.

There new album, The Devil, You + me, is just as amazing. Here is a band that upon forming in 1989 has evolved from grunge, metal, and to the dark indie electronic music they make now. They make music rich with influence and creativity. The new album takes off right where neon golden left off. It has beautiful and intricate production. I'm really fond of the title track, The Devil, You + Me, and the opening track, Good Lies, which is actually there first single.

I need not say anymore. Get the album.






No comments: