Thursday, March 27, 2008

DAVID WEEKS posted by L

Ever so often, modern interior design fall prey to malice criticism for being cold, bleak, and/or impractical. Yes, modern minimalism falls under a curious subtype that has experience great success and textbook acknowledgement. However, few have captured this stylistic movement while embodying the organic temperament of Isamu Noguchi.


Bravo my dear Mr. David Weeks. The Brooklyn based visionary created this asymmetrical, stainless steel, ladled back sofa by trusting his eye to develop a sense of movement and balance from large foam blocks. The design is strikingly clean without tittering on the fringe of Boresville. I can not wait so Sarus collection of lighting. Speaking of lighting…

David Weeks may be better known for his above and beyond chandeliers and floor lighting. Hinting at the noteworthy mobiles of Alexander Calder, Weeks piece provide brilliance, two fold. Uncomplicated and palpable, the lighting chandelier exhibits a sense of inventiveness beyond you average light fixture. His use of mid-centenary European modernism utilizes industrial objects while astonishingly evoking macrobiotic overtones. I wonder if I fit one into my flat?

I love it! In fact, I’m ordering it…(kikkerland.com). Enough said.

No comments: