Friday, March 28, 2008

Benoît Pioulard posted by J

Benoît Pioulard is the alias of Thomas Meluch, an American singer-songwriter based out of Portland, Oregon. This 23 year old is quite talented, singing, writing, playing multiple instruments, and releasing may of his first recordings himself on cassette and CD-R. Photography is yet another creative outlet for this young artist.

I, Myself, have just come across his 2006 album, Precis, a month or two ago. Since then its become one of my most talked about albums. Its melancholy, lo-fi sound is quite a crisp listen. Lot's of dreamy soundscapes and atmospheric interludes between tracks of beautiful reverbed vocals and relaxing guitars. Wonderful bedroom Pop if you ask me. I'm quite fond of the tracks, Together & Down, Palimend, Ash in the Sky. So get the album. Put it on. Lie in your bed and enjoy.


He started making many small recordings on CD-R and cassettes for his friends and family. He know has had a couple of recording released on the labels, Kranky, and Moodgadget. He's also been featured on several compilations over the years.


Anyway I'm not all that much for words, I'll let the music speak for itself. You can find them available on iTunes, Boomkat, Bleep, and Forced Exposure. Also while your at it make him a friend on Myspace. I did.


P.S. He's cute to.

No comments: