Friday, July 25, 2008

NEW LOOK FOR AN OLD WAY posted by J

I found these photos you see in this post that really grabbed a hold of my attention. First the owl (one of my favorite animals), then the human skull which i to am found of skulls. But these skulls were covered in black fur. I was intrigued!

Moments later i was at the website for a artist named Jason Clay Lewis (www.jasonclaylewis.com). I don't really want to get into back ground and all that jazz, just the art.

I discovered that the 3 sculptures i liked also had 2 more and where part of an ongoing series of sculptures, drawings, installations and photos called The Renewal Serious.

The Renewal Serious has been 4 exhibits so far. The first was The Black Death (which the sculptures i liked were from), second was God of War, then Devour, and lastly Drop Dead Gorgeous. I was taken back by the work and reference in all this work. Dark, human, grotesque, and true, Jason Clay Lewis has a fresh, dark, humorous point of view worth taking look at.

No comments: